- Sarah’s haircut was a total success! Jana only took a little bit off, and the curls are still there! In fact, her hair is even CURLIER than it was, which makes me pretty stinking happy.
- Jana was even able to give Linnea a haircut. Linnea has a LOT of hair. A LOT. I’m not sure how I can emphasize this for you, but she was one of those toupee babies and never lost any of it. I had to do clippies and ponytails for her before she was 12 months old. A LOT of hair. And she wants to grow it out long, and it just looks terrible because there’s SO much of it. But Jana trimmed it, and shaped it, and it looks so much better than it did!
- Jana also waxed my eyebrows and gave me two blue extensions for vacation. I have always wanted brightly colored hair (it was growing up with Rainbow Bright and SeaWees that did it, I’m positive), but between being a pastor and working for Fashion Emporium: I never did it. I am SERIOUSLY digging it. I tried to talk Nea into getting bright pink, but she wouldn’t do it.
- A HUGE thanks to Jana of Salon Monroe for entertaining the estrogen contingent of Familia Beege yesterday afternoon. If you live in the area and aren’t getting your hair cut there: why the hell not?!
- I got the results of my fasting bloodwork back, and the good news is that I am NOT diabetic! I don’t gots the sugahs! I was worried, given the fact that I’m practically a living, walking, talking pamphlet of risk factors for Type II diabetes. But I’m good. Hooray!
- I’d lost 12 pounds in about 3.5 weeks. Sweeeeeeeeeet.
- My cholesterol is a little wonky. The bad stuff is a smidge high, and the good stuff is about half where they want it to be. The doctor said that the changes I’ve made in my diet will help that, and so would exercise (dammit. I KNEW she was going to say that…).
- We leave for vacation tomorrow. Can you sense a palpable sense of excitement, pulsating from the Pacific Northwest? That would be me and Nea, egging each other on about THE BEACH. M and Sarah will probably make Linnea and I sleep together tonight, because we’ll both be too excited to sleep.
- I have a crap ton of stuff to do to get ready for tomorrow, but slept like crap last night, so I think I’m going to lay down, read some Harry Potter, and see if I doze off.
I’m outta here, lazies and germs (that’s what my favorite science teacher of all time used to call his classes). See you after vacation!!!!